The Liing is the first infant car seat from Clek, a Canadian manufacturer is known for convertible and booster car seats that are top-of-the-line for both safety and style. Founded by automotive industry veterans, Clek applies the technology within our vehicles to children’s car seats.
The Clek Liing—the No. 1 rated infant car seat by Consumer Reports—includes leading safety features such as a load leg, a metal bar that extends from the base of the car seat to the floor of your car to prevent the seat from rotating or rebounding in a crash. Studies show the load leg reduces the risk of head injury by more than 40 percent.
Installing the Liing is smooth and simple, thanks to rigid (metal) LATCH connectors that simply slide into the lower anchors in your vehicle and provide the strongest connection to your car. In a unique feature, the base of the Liing is adjustable to seven recline positions, allowing the car seat to be safely installed even when your vehicle seats are angled or flat.
The Clek Liing is available in three choices of fabric: Jersey Super Fabric, a stretchy and soft spandex/polyester blend; Crypton C-Zero+ Performance Fabric, a fabric that provides permanent protection against stains, moisture and odors; and Merino Wool, which is hypoallergenic and helps keep your baby cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
New for 2020, the Liing no longer has warning labels printed on the headrest. The Clek Liing connects to strollers from most leading brands using the same adapters for the Maxi-Cosi/Nuna/Cybex. .
- Metal load leg in base reduces crash forces by more than 40% by preventing rotation and absorbing energy
- Rigid (metal) LATCH connectors allow for the most secure installation and extend to make installation as easy as a click
- Belt-tensioning system makes installation simple in cases where LATCH cannot be used, such as in some middle seats
- Base contains 7 recline positions, allowing the seat to be safely installed in any vehicle seat, whether flat or sloped
- Compatible with strollers from numerous leading brands using Maxi-Cosi/Nuna/Cybex adapters
- Can be installed with a seatbelt and no base for travel and taxis using European belt path
- Shell of car seat is lined with EPP, the sturdiest type of foam that absorbs crash forces and also maximizes air circulation
- 2-stage infant insert provides a snug fit for newborn and additional head support
- SPF 100+ adjustable sun canopy has three positions and mesh peek-a-boo window for air flow and visibility
- Available in three fabric choices, all of which are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardant chemicals
- Car seats are recyclable through Clek program
- Certified for use on an airplane
- Product weight: 9 pounds
- Height and weight limit: Up to 32″ and 4 to 35 pounds
- Car seat dimensions: 26.8″ H x 27.7″ L x 16.9″ W
- Base dimensions: 22.6″ L x 13.2″ W
- Warranty: 3 years
- Product expiration: 9 years
- Clek Liing infant car seat
- Car seat base
- Babyzen YOYO+
- Baby Jogger City Mini / City Mini GT single
- Baby Jogger City Select / City Select LUX single or double
- Bugaboo Bee 5, Cameleon 3 and 3 Plus, Fox, Donkey2
- Bumbleride Indie, Indie Twin, Era, and Speed
- Joolz Geo and Hub
- Mamas & Papas Ocarro
- Mima Xari and Xari Sport
- Stokke Scoot, Trailz, Xplory
- Thule Urban Glide 2 single and double
- Thule Sleek single and double
- UPPAbaby Cruz, Vista, and Minu
Chrome (Jersey Super Fabric), Thunder (Crypton Performance Fabric), Pitch Black (Crypton Performance Fabric), Mammoth (Merino Wool), Twilight (Merino Wool), Tokidoki Reef Rider