- Customizations available. Please contact store for details: (512) 766-2852
- Please give 10-12 weeks for in-home delivery.
vera glider – modern glider chair – contemporary nursery furniture
Our largest and most sumptuous glider yet, the Vera provides incredible gliding comfort. With a removable back cushion that is pillow-soft and a removable seat cushion that is super comfy, you will sink right in to this extra-wide and luxurious glider.
- Handcrafted and sustainably made in Canada using the highest quality materials
- Removable and washable covers for seat and back cushion.
- For a gliding base, choose the dark espresso solid wood base or the walnut wood base
- For a gliding AND swiveling base, choose the brushed stainless steel swivel base
- Exceptionally smooth gliding motion
- Includes lumbar pillow (for lumbar, neck, or elbow support)
- Ergonomic arm height and high back for exceptional comfort
- An iconic design piece for your home
- Our foam is free of any flame retardant chemicals. For more on our sustainable practices, click here.
Matching ottoman also available.
GLIDER OR ROCKER?
What is the difference between a rocker and a glider? You may be surprised to find that many aren’t too sure about what the difference is. Yes, the motion is not exactly the same, they feel different when using them. But there are fundamental differences worth discussing.
The Joya Rocker, The Jackson Rocker and The Jackie Rocker
|All rocking chairs share one fundamental quality: they rock on a curved base. All of Monte’s rocking chairs rest on a base that is made out of solid wood. The Jackson and Jackie rest on a solid American Walnut wood base and the Joya offers a few options: American Walnut, Maple or White (painted maple) wood bases. |
One of the advantages of a rocking chair is that there are no moving parts which = less maintenance. No rivets or mechanisms to clean or maintain. The Monte rocking chairs are made to last generations. A solid curved wood base is a great combination of function and fashion. It looks great and it works!
For some however the rocking motion isn’t compatible with tile or wood flooring and so a gliding mechanism offers a great alternative.
The Como, The Luca, The Vola, The Grazia, The Vera and the Grano