- Supports healthy brain, eye, and immune function
- Each serving provides: 20 mg EPA and 100 mg DHA
- Ultra-pure and concentrated source of Omega 3
- Pleasant natural fruit flavor in an easy to take chewable softgel
Formulated for the unique needs of growing children, our Children’s Omega softgels are easy to take and sourced from purified omega-3 oils.
It can be hard to get your kids to eat seafood products regularly, so taking a high-quality oil can ensure that your kids are getting what they need to fuel their brains and bodies.
Omega 3 fatty acids play an important role in brain development and function.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) are important omega-3 fatty acids that are considered “good fats” because they provide benefits to many areas of the body, especially the brain, eyes, and heart. DHA is crucial for early brain development in babies, and continues to support their neurological and cognitive development, a healthy immune response, as well as the normal function of cells throughout their body.1 Studies indicate that inadequate amounts of omega-3 fatty acids in children are associated with negative health consequences, while sufficient levels are linked to positive outcomes.1,2 Research has also found that low levels of omega-3 in children, particularly DHA are associated with worse performance on reading tests and working memory, and more symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in the children, even after controlling for sex and socioeconomic status.3
Mother Nutrient Children’s Omega is an ultra-pure product.† Many parents are often concerned about the risk of heavy metals and toxins in fish. Getting an ultra-pure product is a great way to make sure you are not consuming environmental contaminants like mercury, which can be found in fish oil products. We take the quality and purity of our products seriously, and therefore undergo processes that ensure safety. Our purified oil is stabilized with natural mixed tocopherols as antioxidants to maintain freshness.
1. Schuchardt, J.P., Huss, M., Stauss-Grabo, M. et al. Significance of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) for the development and behaviour of children. Eur J Pediatr 169, 149–164 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-009-1035-8
2. Richardson AJ, Burton JR, Sewell RP, Spreckelsen TF, Montgomery P (2012) Docosahexaenoic Acid for Reading, Cognition and Behavior in Children Aged 7–9 Years: A Randomized, Controlled Trial (The DOLAB Study). PLOS ONE 7(9): e43909. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0043909
3. Montgomery P, Burton JR, Sewell RP, Spreckelsen TF, Richardson AJ (2013) Low Blood Long Chain Omega-3 Fatty Acids in UK Children Are Associated with Poor Cognitive Performance and Behavior: A Cross-Sectional Analysis from the DOLAB Study. PLOS ONE 8(6): e66697. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0066697
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Suggested use: Swallow or chew two softgels once daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for use by children under the age of 3.
Serving Size: 2 softgels
Contents: 120 soft gels
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Milk/casein, wheat, gluten, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, corn, yeast.
Warning: This product contains calamari, a mollusk shellfish. If you are allergic to mollusks, do not use this product. If you have allergies to crustacean shellfish you may react to this product as a subset of individuals with crustacean allergies also react to mollusks.
Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place
What is the source of oil in Mother Nutrient Children’s Omega 3?
The purified omega 3 oil is a calamari oil concentrate, which is a mollusk shellfish that contains more omega-3 than a typical fish oil supplement.
How much DHA and EPA is in the Children’s Omega 3?
Each softgel contains 10 mg EPA and 50 mg DHA
Why choose Children’s Omega 3?
➔Provides both EPA and DHA
➔A safe alternative to eating fish, some of which may contain high levels of mercury
➔Convenient way to boost your kids’ intake of omega-3 fatty acids and support their brain health
➔Great tasting and easy to chew or swallow softgels
How is the product kept fresh?
The purified oil is stabilized with natural mixed tocopherols as antioxidants to maintain freshness.