- Inspired by traditional Chinese baby carriers used on the back, pronounced Meh¹ Dai² in Cantonese (superscript numbers represent tones); bēidài in Mandarin. Mei tai is from an older Cantonese-English Romanization system. All transliterations are meant to communicate the same word, but use different romanizations to spell Chinese words in English, and of course many different Chinese dialects exist as well.
- All the carriers in our designer line are locally handmade in Chicago in small batches. They feature premium quality designer prints from makers like Dear Stella, Alexander Henry, Art Gallery and more.
- NO INFANT INSERT REQUIRED.
- Five carrying positions: froggy legs (legs-in), facing inward, facing outward, hip, or back.
- Wrap-like feel without the wrapping.
- Softly padded headrest folds down when not needed.
- Two full bottonweight fabric layers in addition to designer print panel for superior support.
- 100% cotton body fabric.
- Lightly padded (cotton batting), wide shoulder straps for comfort.
- Tall carrier body panel means your mei tai grows as your baby grows! For infants or smaller babies, simply fold the waist to shorten body.
- Designed and MADE IN THE USA IN A SMALL CHICAGO SEWING STUDIO.
- Body panel 15.5" wide by 22.5-23" tall
- Shoulder straps 75" long
- Waist straps plus carrier panel total 63"
- Shoulder straps 3.75" wide
- Attached elastic strap to cinch body panel for facing outward