Mother Nutrient Vitamin D3:
- High-potency – 5000 IU per 1mL
- Easy-to-take liquid form with a convenient dropper
- Supports brain and mental health
- Includes MCT oil (coconut oil) for better absorption
- Preferred D3 form
Mother Nutrient’s Vitamin D3 delivers a pure and potent dose of D3 in a convenient liquid form, with 5000 IU per 1mL.
Vitamin D3 plays a key role in calcium absorption and bone growth, as well as maintaining healthy blood regulation, muscle, brain and nerve function.
Vitamin D deficiency is extremely common and has been shown to be linked to mood and focus issues, as well as increased risks for pregnancy complications. Although the current recommended daily amount is set at 600 IU, the recommended dose is even higher for pregnant and postpartum women at 4,000-6,000 IU per day. In order to pass on the necessary levels to the baby and to support the mother’s mental health, it’s important for postpartum women to supplement to achieve adequate levels.
Preferred D3 form
Vitamin D comes in 2 main forms: D2 (ergocalciferol) and D3 (cholecalciferol). D2 is a plant-based form, while D3 is the bioactive form of vitamin D that our bodies naturally produce when exposed to sunlight. While both can meet vitamin D needs, studies suggest that D3 is more potent, sustains vitamin D levels longer, and is better absorbed than D2, so D3 is the preferred and beneficial form of vitamin D to take (2).
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that gets absorbed better when taken with fat, which is why our liquid formulation includes MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil derived from coconut oil.
1. Wilkins C, Sheline Y, Roe C, Birge S, Morris J. Vitamin D Deficiency Is Associated With Low Mood and Worse Cognitive Performance in Older Adults. The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2006;14:1032-1040.
2. Heaney R, Recker R, Grote J, Horst R, Armas L. Vitamin D3 Is More Potent Than Vitamin D2 in Humans. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2011;96:E447-E452
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Suggested Use: 1 mL daily
Contents: 4 oz (120 mL) liquid
Ingredients: Please refer to the image section for Supplement Facts panel.
Other Ingredients: Medium chain triglycerides (MCT Oil).
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Gluten, wheat, casein, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Who should take a Vitamin D3 supplement?
- Is deficient in Vitamin D (the majority of the population)
- gets limited sun exposure
- is breastfeeding
- wants to support and improve their mental health
- wants to support a healthy heart
- has difficulty taking capsule supplements
How much is in each dropper?
Each dropperful contains 1 mL of vitamin D3 (equivalent to 5000 IU).
Does it need to be refrigerated?
No, this product does not require refrigeration but should be stored in a cool, dark, dry place.