Enlightened Baby will supply you with all you need to cloth diaper your baby for up to 3 months. You pay a deposit up front equal to the approximate retail price of the package. When the diapers are returned and checked at the end of your rental period, you will receive back your deposit, less the rental fee (varies depending on the time the rental was kept; month one is non refundable, months 2 & 3 are pro-ratable by the week) & cost of bio liners (if used), etc., plus tax. Retail cost of any diapers that are damaged during the rental period will be deducted from your deposit (plus applicable tax). Light BF poop stains are normal and, while we appreciate unstained diapers, will not result in the loss or reduction of your deposit. Excessive staining due to not using liners with formula-feedings (stains diapers irreparably) could result in the loss of your deposit. Read all the fine print below.
Newborn Cloth Diaper Rentals
Your kit will come with almost everything you’ll need to get started with your brand new baby. We always find it a good idea to plan to have your kit home before baby’s arrival, to give you time to get things in their place.
What’s In the Box:
- 24 Newborn All In One Diapers
- 1 Pack of unopened Bio-liners (only charged for, if opened)
- 1 Mighty Bubble Final Hot Wash Pod
- A copy of your signed agreement, with instructions
What You’ll Need Otherwise:
- A cloth diaper safe detergent (free of dye’s, petrochemicals, fragrances and SOFTENERS! Dreft brand detergent is NOT cloth diaper friendly)
- Wipes: We recommend CLOTH! these are easy to be washed with your diapers, and have all the benefits over disposables, that cloth diapers do.
- A cloth diaper safe bottom balm. Avoid fish-oils and petrochemicals, and use zinc ONLY with a provided bio-liner.
- The diapers in the Rental Program are sometimes new, but in most cases used by other babies during this program. Previously used diapers are sanitized between rentals using 170 degree water in our HE washer, with Grapefruit Seed Extract (a natural antibacterial/antifungal agent) and with vinegar added to the final rinse & then sun dried for natural bleaching. We have found this process removes 99% of all bacteria, stains and odors. The diapers are rotated out of the program after approximately twenty-four months of use.
- The Kit Contents will be given to you clean and sanitized at the start date of your rental period. It is expected that the items be returned to us clean and dry as per included washing instructions. Newborn diaper stains are acceptable within reason if sun-bleaching efforts were made in earnest.
- You must have a smoke free home to participate in this program. If anyone smokes in your home, including outdoor smokers, you are not eligible for this program.
- You will be provided with specific use and care (storage and washing) instructions for the diapers and covers as well as a stripping laundry detergent for your final wash, prior to return. It is imperative that you follow these instructions and use the APPROVED detergent to wash the diapers & covers (Do not use fabric softener, blue laundry detergent or bleach, including DREFT, on the diapers/covers or you will be responsible for replacing the diapers at retail cost).
- Failure to follow the directions may compromise the diaper fabric and/or integrity of the diaper. If a diaper is lost or damaged (broken fasteners, rips in the fabrics or stains on the fabric that are permanent (newborn poop stains should be sunned per wash instructions), you will be responsible for replacing the item at the retail cost plus applicable taxes.
- When your Rental months are complete, the entire kit must be returned to Enlightened Baby clean and dry as per washing instructions. Please ensure that no hair (human or pet) is caught up in any of the Velcro fasteners. They will be inspected for damages. Missing diapers will be charged against your deposit.
- When your kit is returned in good standing at the end of your rental term, your refund will be issued. Your refund will be returned via the original payment method, or can be redeemed (in it’s entirety) as store credit with a one time 10% discount on diapering items at that visit.
- The newborn rental period is expected to be either one, two or three months. Your kit must be returned on time per the agreed-upon rental period depending on the growth rate of your baby. Please understand that the rental program runs on a schedule and other renters may be waiting for your kit after the rental period is up, so prompt return of the rental after you are finished with it is greatly appreciated. After the last agreed upon month is over, a $20 late charge per week will apply against your deposit. After 4 months from baby’s birth date, your deposit will be considered forfeited regardless of rental return. If you have any questions or have an extenuating circumstance, please call us and we will be glad to help you.
- We REQUIRE a 2 day notice of your intent to return the rented package of diapers. The inspection process can take up to one hour. If possible, arranging for drop off of package and pick up of deposit within the same day (but a few hours between) is very helpful. If unable to drop off, please EXPECT to wait. Sundays are our only day that diaper rental return is NOT possible. Our hours otherwise are:
Monday – Thursday: 10am-6pm
Friday & Saturday: 10am-5pm
Beyond the rental kit necessities, check out these other products we have for sale